DURAHIT® WP 800 (DM)
Water resisting admixture acc. to EN 934-2 for concrete
Item No. 2581
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
WP 800 (DM) is a highly effective waterproofing agent for the concrete production and especially suitable for constructions like:
- Sewage and water treatment plants
- Tunnels and subway systems
- Underground vaults
- Parking spaces
- Precast elements
- Coastal Protection
- Structures with seawater contact
WP 800 (DM) generates a hydrophobic concrete structure which provides the following advantages:
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Less expensive than conventional methods
- Added to the concrete at time of batching and therefore is not subject to climatic restraints
- Reduces construction scheduling time
- Pure, solvent-free product
- Significantly reduces absorption of water and damaging water-borne salts (e.g. chlorides)
- Decreases alkali/silica reactions in concrete
WP 800 (DM) reacts with the cement matrix during the hydration process and generates a hydrophobic concrete texture thereby. This hydrophobic effect reduces the capillary suction and decreases concrete’s water absorption abilities.
Having this properties the occurrence of efflorescence and frost damages are minimised.
WP 800 (DM) advances concrete’s durability and long-term performance and can make a contribution to ecological sustainability therefore.
DOSAGE | APPLICATION QUANTITY
Recommended dosage range 0.2 – 1.0 mass-% of the cement content.